Desert Oracle #1
DESERT ORACLE is a pocket-sized field guide to the fascinating American deserts: strange tales, singing sand dunes, sagebrush trails, artists and aliens, authors and oddballs, ghost towns and modern legends, musicians and mystics, scorpions and saguaros! The DESERT ORACLE is your companion at a roadside diner, around a campfire, or in your tent or cabin as the wind and the coyotes howl outside at night.
First issue. Published Spring 2015. Desert tales from Ken Layne, Jay Babcock, Doc Daniels, Ben Sullivan, and Mary Hunter Austin.
- “When Tatooine Was Death Valley”
- “Dr. Jaeger’s Hibernating Bird”
- “Picacho: The Arizona Town That Vanished"
- “Art Bell and the Lost Kingdom of Nye”
- “Homesteading In Joshua Tree"
- “Desert Trailers and Hippie Hot Springs In Nevada of the 1970s"